- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Apr 25 2020 - Apr 26 2020
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
POSITIVE ATTITUDE /POSITIVE PERFORMANCE – Train to Trial
A Two Day seminar presented by: Petra Ford, PT, CCRT
Sponsored by Commonwealth Dog Obedience Training Club
- Positive training methods create confident, upbeat AND accurate
dogs in training and in the ring
- Put the JOY back into training
- Clear Criteria with Clear Communication = Confidence
- Creating “Want To” instead of “Have To”
- Problem solving is empowering
- Managing drive state for optimal learning & ring performance
- Your dog CAN and SHOULD exhibit “The utmost in willingness
- How to get the same dog in the ring as in training
The Course Covers:
Simplifying Obedience Training | Clear Communication | Engagement | Transitions | Distractions | Fronts and Finishes | Heeling | Handling Skills
**Petra’s dogs are known for their attitude, confidence, consistency and accuracy in the ring**
Petra has trained and trialed her Labrador Retrievers in Obedience, Agility, Field, and Nosework.
Petra and her Labrador Retriever, Tyler, are two-time National Obedience Champions.
In 2012, Petra and Tyler, became the first American team to win the Obedience World Cup at Crufts ((they placed second in 2010).
Currently, she is competing at the Master’s Level in agility with Zaidan. Zeal has earned his OTCH (Obedience Trial Champion) in Obedience, was Second Runner Up at the 2017 National Obedience Championship and won the Masters Division at the Eukanuba Classic in 2017. They recently won the AKC Regional Qualifier in North Carolina.