Petra is a certified canine rehabilitation therapist with over 13 years’ experience treating dogs as well as owning and running a business. She moved the rehab facility to the same location as her boarding facility. Petra has always wanted to own a boarding kennel where her clients could safely board dogs that were injured, recovering from an injury and/or handicapped. At the kennel, we offer highly specialized care, including boarding for dogs with special needs, boarding combined with ongoing rehabilitation, and board and train. We offer a large variety of add-on activities to keep our boarders happy and occupied. We have large outdoor play yards—what dog doesn’t love the outdoors?
A Virtual Tour of Petra’s Dog Resource Center
You can either email the Boarding Intake Form to us at info@PetrasDogResourceCenter.com or bring it with you when you check in.
Why Choose Us?
- Spacious 25 square foot private kennels with access through a doggie door to a 100 square foot private outdoor kennel
- Outdoor access for six hours a day giving your dog lots of fresh air and stimulation
- Nicole, our Kennel Manager, lives on the premises to ensure someone is there for your pet 24/7
- Each room has high-quality luxury raised beds and comfy soft bedding
- Super Seniors receive non-skid mats free of charge for extra security when rising from a nap or long nights rest
- Lots of TLC from our caring staff
- No extra charge for food brought from home or special feeding instructions
- No extra charge to administer medications
- Nightly bedtime snack provided to all guests. If your pet has dietary restrictions, we will feed the treats you supply
- All kennels are fully cleaned and sanitized daily, inside and out and spot cleaned throughout the day.
- We are fully certified for kennel cleanliness and sanitation through ProVetLogics
- Soothing music is on throughout the day to keep your pup calm and relaxed
- Calming essential oils are diffused to create a peaceful spa-like experience
- Entire building is climate-controlled
- We use state of the art Air Purifiers to keep the air as clean as the kennels
- We have a state of the art fire alarm system
- We have security cameras in every room in the building to further ensure your pet’s safety and well-being
Stress Free Dog Boarding
$53.00 per night
Luxury Kennels Now Available
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE during our recent renovations! We gutted the upstairs and installed three EXTRA SPACIOUS Luxury Suites! Each Suite has a large indoor space measuring 49 square feet and an outdoor run measuring 150 square feet. Each suite has its own TV, a luxury Kuranda bed, and non-slip mats. This room ONLY has three kennels which means they are very cozy and quiet. We will diffuse calming essential oils and play relaxing music when the TVs are off. Each room has a raised feeder with an optional enrichment bowl to keep your dog entertained during mealtime. We will provide the same high-quality care and cleanliness that we offer all of our boarders.
These suites are in high demand. We strongly recommend you book them well in advance! See photos below.
$99.00 per night with 15% off for the second dog in the same kennel
Call us at 973-584-2338 to book today!
Rest & Rehab
Long-Term Boarding While We Rehabilitate Your Injured Dog!
We know how challenging it can be to rehabilitate your injured dog. We all lead busy lives so we understand how hard it is to find time to bring your dog to rehab and carry out the home exercise program. Keeping them quiet is always very difficult. Whether your dog is recovering from surgery, a soft tissue injury, a neurological injury or requires conditioning, we can rehabilitate your dog. At our facility, dogs will receive scheduled rehabilitation sessions with Petra Ford, PT, CCRT, a “home exercise program” carried out by our highly qualified and trained staff and all restrictions will be strictly adhered to. You can have peace of mind knowing that your dog is in very experienced hands.
Rest & Rehab-Call Us For Pricing
Health & Wellness
Boarding for Dogs with Special Needs!
Over the years, countless clients asked us if we knew where they could board their injured dogs. These dogs need very special and specific care. I am happy to say that we are now able to offer this to all of our clients. We WILL adhere to all restrictions and instructions such as pottying only on leash, no jumping, no running, etc. Our highly-trained staff will carry out your dog’s home exercise program as prescribed by your dog’s rehabilitation therapist so there is no loss of continuity in your dog’s care while you are away. Whether you are going on vacation or traveling for work, you can rest assured that your dog is in safe, competent and loving hands.
Health & Wellness-Call Us For Pricing
Stay & Train
Too busy juggling all of life’s responsibilities to train your dog? Wish your dog had better manners but just don’t have time to train your pup? Your dog has been to obedience classes but needs a refresher? Going on vacation and want your dog to be educated and stimulated while boarding? Want to come home to a dog that has better manners than when you left? Whether you have a busy schedule, or you want to jump start your dog’s training, stay & train with us!
All dogs must be in good health. Owners will certify their dog(s) are in good health and have not been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days. Upon admission, all dogs must be free from any condition which could potentially jeopardize other pets. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or readmitted. Dogs must be on an effective flea control program. If fleas are found at check-in, a mandatory flea bath will be given at the owner’s expense and the owner will be notified.
Your pet is under constant supervision by experienced personnel. If a medical issue arises while your dog is in our care, we will take the following steps:
- We will contact the owner immediately.
- If the owner or emergency contact person is unavailable, Petra’s Dog Resource Center will call a veterinarian for immediate treatment.
- All incurred vet fees are the responsibility of the owner.
Our staff keeps current on pet first aid with the American Red Cross and will be able to assess the situation and administer first aid as needed. We will make every attempt to contact you with all available contact numbers, and if we are unable to reach you, we will contact the emergency contact number listed in your file. If the situation is an emergency, we will immediately go to a veterinarian for the health and safety of your dog.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION: It is the owner’s responsibility to make sure that all contact information is current and accurate. In addition, all males over a year old must be neutered. We will consider accepting senior in-tact males on a case by case basis.
If your schedule changes and necessitates rescheduling a boarding reservation, we ask that you kindly give us at least 24 hours’ notice. Failure to give 24 hours’ notice will result in a “cancellation charge” equal to one night’s stay.
In the event that you return home early, you will be charged full cost for scheduled boarding within 24 hours of your unscheduled early return. Any remaining balance for early return cancellations will be credited to your account for future boarding needs.